If you think your appetite has gone down, your tongue is coated, you feel little ors no taste for food, or areis disturbed by abdominal bloating and flatulence, you may need some digestive support. Here is an easy and tasty drink recipe/ cuisine from the land of Ayurveda.
All you need is
· Tomato - 2 medium sized
· Tamarind juice – 2-3 tablespoon (prepared by soaking and squeezing red brown tamarind in warm water)
· Spices - Black pepper – ½ teaspoon, Ginger powder/crushed – ½ teaspoon, Cumin seed powder – ½ teaspoon, Turmeric powder -1/2 teaspoon, Asafoetida- 1 pinch, Garlic – 2-3 cloves
· Mustard -1 Teaspoon
· Curry leaves , Coriander leaves
· Jaggery- As required
· Salt – As required
· Cooking oil (coconut oil preferred )- 2 teaspoons
· Water – 2-3 cups
- Add oil to a hot pot warm oil in a pan and sauté mustard seeds. After they crackle when they begin to pop, add curry leaves and wait till they gets crispy .
- To it add chopped tomatoes and heat till they becomes mushy.
- Then add tamarind juice and continue heating for a few more minutes
- Add all the spices and wait warm for 2 minutes
- Finally add water and salt and heat it cook with closed lid untill thoroughly boiled
- Add jaggery to tasteas required
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve warm.